Gesamtzahl der Seitenaufrufe

Freitag, 1. September 2017

Altered Spoon - DT Project for Coutry View Challenges

Hello all, welcome to my blog today!
It´s the first of September and that means - Challenge time at Country View Challenges!
This month my dear team mate Miriam is the hostess of the challenge and she chose the theme: metal!
A few weekends ago, I went to a flewmarket and found a pretty silver plated spoon - perfect for the theme. I decided to alter it.
Hallo zusammen, schön, dass ihr bei mir herein schaut!
Es ist der erste September und das bedeutet - Zeit für eine neue Herausforderung bei Country View Challenges!
Diesen Monat hat meine Teamkollegin Miriam das Thema ausgewählt und es lautet: Metall! 
Vor ein paar Wochenenden war ich auf einem Flohmarkt und fand einen hübschen versilberten Löffel - perfekt für das Thema! Ich beschloss ihn ein wenig aufzuhübschen.


And this is what I did:
 First I drilled 3 holes.
Zuerst habe ich 3 Löcher gebohrt.
 Then I wrapped some brass wire round the spoon handle.
Dann wickelte ich Messingdraht um den Löffelstiel.
 I gathered some materials...
Ein paar Sachen zusammengesucht und.....
 ....and altered the spoon with some thin fabric....
....und verzierte den Löffel mit dünnem Stoff, .....
 added chains and charms with jump rings,....
...habe mit Jump rings Ketten und charms angebracht...
 glued different sized pearl with matte medium into the spoon....
klebte Perlen in verschiedenen Größen in den Löffel, ...
 added some golden deco granules, ....
ergänzte goldenes Deko Granulat, ...
 and sprinkled golden glitter on top.
und streute goldenen Glitter oben drauf.
 The face shape is one of the Relics & Artifacts Sculptures from the "Visage" Set. I painted it with DecoArt Fluid Acrylics Metallic Gold.
I glued it together with flowers, more pearls and bows onto the spoon.
Das Gesicht ist von dem "Visage" Set von Sandra Evertsons Relics & Artifacts Sculptures. Ich habe es mit DecoArt Fluid Acrylics Metallic Gold bemalt.
Das Gesicht und Blumen, weitere Perlen und Schleifen habe ich auf den Löffel dann aufgeklebt
To finish the project I added a phrase from the small talk stickers from Tim Holtz.
Am Ende habe ich dann noch ein Sprüchlein von den Small Talk Stickern von Tim Holtz aufgeklebt.

Then I was ready - I thought. 
Dann war ich fertig - dachte ich.

But after looking at it, I noticed, that the spoon totally disappeared - not what I wanted. So I decided to unwrap it again and take off some of the fabric, so that the spoon will be more visible.
Nachdem ich das Ergebnis angeschaut hatte, fiel mir auf, dass der Löffel vollkommen verschwunden war - nicht das, was ich wollte. Also entschied ich, das Ganze noch einmal herunter zu nehmen und so zu arrangieren, dass mehr von dem Löffel zu sehen ist.
Better, don´t you think so?
Besser, oder?
Some close ups:





That´s it for today! Now I hope, you´ll join in with our challenge this month, you know, you can win a 20£ voucher for the shop!
Thank you for your visit!
Das war´s für heute. Ich hoffe, ihr macht bei unserer Challenge diesen Monat mit. Wie immer habt ihr die Chance einen Einkaufsgutschein über 20£ für den Shop gewinnen.
Vielen Dank für euren Besuch!

9 Kommentare:

  1. Wow Evelyn this is great and yes I agree seeing more of the spoon was the right thing. Super work! xx

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. wow!! I am resisting the urge to go to the kitchen and take out a spoon to alter! Amazing project!

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Beautiful decoration Evelyn!!! I love your altered spoon and yes, I agree too, more of the spoon is much better!!! Big hugs

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. such a lovely idea Evelyn - I love what you have done - your spoon looks so very pretty! Hugs Rachel x

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. This is amazing Evelyn, what brilliant ideas! I like it better too when you can see more of the spoon. Have a very happy weekend. Sue xx

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Wow what a lovely décor piece! I love all those shabby chic details and yes it's better that we can see more of the spoon...

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. What a gorgeously stunning idea. Love your interpretation of the theme, as it looks gorgeous. Hugs Debs xx

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. What a lovely idea and an amazing transformation! Thanks for sharing how you made it too,I enjoyed following along 😁. Wishing you a Happy September! J 😊

    AntwortenLöschen